W Connection Header Top
W Connection Selectors
W Connection Header Bottom
Body Left
Menu Header


Remember me?

Lost Password?

Register now!
Main Menu
Body Header

Article ID : 382
Audience : Public
Version 1.00
Published Date: 2008/12/17 9:20:00
Reads : 13

Teba Mc Knight scored a hattrick and set up another to help W Connection in a wash-out result over Super League opponents WASA FC 8-1 on Monday night at the Marvin Lee Stadium booking their place in the final of the 2008 FA Trophy competition.

Written By: Randy Bando

And in the second semi-final at the same Macoya venue, Neal and Massy Caledonia AIA also secured their place in the final following a 4-2 thumping over Defence Force, making Wednesday’s final a true contest between the TT Pro League clubs.

Both W Connection and Caledonia AIA now have a chance of lifting a second title this season following their First Citizens Cup and Courts Pro Bowl titles respectively.

Brazilian Igor Santos got things off in the 3rd minute after picking up a poor clearance by WASA goalie Douglas Mc Neilly on the right side and from 25 yards out the W Connection play let off an early curling shot to nest the ball in the back of the net for an early 1-0 advantage.

WASA felt the pinch again two minutes later when Teba Mc Knight guided a low Kern Cupid cross past Mc Neilly from inside the six yard area making it 2-0 in favour of the TT Pro League outfit.

And by the 15th minute W Connection were 3-0 cruisers after George Issac sliced a powerful shot past the hapless Mc Neilly after a neat build-up by the Savonnetta Boys.

Mc Neilly showed brilliance at times with a couple block-outs but to WASA’s travelling support, that wasn’t enough as the rest of the team inclusive of Nigel Pierre, Kevin Henry and Todd Ryan failed to produce on the other end.

W Connection continued to dominate with Ronaldo hitting just wide in the 28th minute after a cheeky pass by Kerron Smith who showcased some flare. Smith also had a shot on goal earlier but blocked out by Mc Neilly.

Neilly was again at work when he had to push out Ronaldo Viana’s 25 yard strike for a corner a minute later.

At the break W Connection were well in front with their 3-0 score but returned hungrier in the second period to score four more goals.

Kerron Smith got on the scoresheet in the 46th minute tapping into an open net after McKnight broke inside the WASA area with only Mc Neilly to beat but instead played his teammate to the glory for a 4-0 comfort.

Teba Mc Knight then made it 5-0 by the 64th minute registering his second with a wonderful finish past Mc Neilly.

But as Connection switched to cruise control WASA pulled back a goal with substitute Mervyn Brooks guiding wingback Kevin Daniel’s low cross past goalkeeper Murilo Da Costa in the 65th to reduce the deficit 5-1.

Mc Knight had a chance for his third in the 71st minute at far post from Kerron smith’s long cross but the W Connection forward only managed to put the ball out of play after bodying it wide of the post.

Three minutes later it was 6-1 as Connection flushed WASA with Issac getting to his double netting into an open net with the entire WASA defence and goalkeeper out of their 18 yard area.

Mc Knight then completed his hattrick four minutes from time with substitute Hughton Hector slipping the ball wide to his teammate for an easy poke in goal for a 7-1 score.

But the damage wasn’t done. Clyde Leon added to WASA’s miseries netting Connection’s eight item two minutes from time for an 8-1 victory.

W Connection 8—1 WASA FC

Igor Santos 3’, Teba Mc Knight 5’, 64’,86’, George Issac 15’, 74’, Kerron Smith 46’, Clyde Leon 88’ ; Mervyn Brooks 65’

|  Links 
Printer Friendly Page Send this Article to a Friend
The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.

Body Right
W Connection Footer